LBNL currently has modified shuttle service – during shuttle service hours (6AM-8PM), staff can request a shuttle to pick-up and drop-off riders at existing shuttle stops.
Stops include all on-site stops, UC campus stops, JBEI and Potter St facilities stops, and Ashby, Rockridge, Downtown Berkeley, and North Berkeley BART stations.
Shuttles will dispatch to pick up one to three passengers at a time, ensuring social distancing is maintained.
Rides must be requested using the TripShot app or online at lbnl.tripshot.com.
Cleaning of interior touch points and previously occupied seats is performed after each use.
All drivers and riders are required to wear face covers.
Most seats are taped off. Hand sanitizers and Plexi-glass shielding are installed in all shuttles.
Badges are: (1) checked upon shuttle entry, and (2) scanned at the Blackberry Gate.
- Off-site shuttle stops are often shared with other transit agencies. Remember to wave at the bus driver as the bus approaches so that the driver knows you want to board the LBL bus.
- For safety reasons, shuttle bus drivers can only pick-up and drop-off passengers at designated LBL shuttle stops.
- Passengers must hold on at all times when walking to a seat or standing while the shuttle is in motion or stopped.
- Shuttle services are for Berkeley Lab employees and guests with business on the Lab site. All riders should have their credentials or ID’s out and ready to be shown when boarding buses off-site.
- Acceptable ID’s for shuttle access to the Lab include an official badge issued by LBL, DOE or UCOP. UC Berkeley student and/or UC Berkeley faculty ID badge when doing business at the Lab are accepted.
- Guests are required to present a visitor bus pass. See Site Access for more information
- Shuttle buses operate Monday through Friday, except on Lab holidays.
- Use the TripShot app to track real-time arrivals, and GPS shuttle stop locations.
- Shuttle buses and vans are equipped with bike racks. Helmets are required while riding bicycles within the Lab premises.
- Contact Bus Services at [email protected] or 510-486-4165 to provide comments, compliments, feedback, or suggestions.
- For additional information on shuttles and alternate commute modes, please visit commute.lbl.gov.