You can get fresh air, save money, and have a bit of fun by renting a bike and dropping it near a Lab shuttle stop. There are 129 East Bay bike rental locations; 81 in Oakland, 37 in Berkeley, and 11 in Emeryville. Many of these are near a Lab shuttle stop.
Some of the convenient locations near a shuttle stop are:
- Downtown Berkeley BART/ Blue, Orange, Potter St routes
- 59th St at Horton/ Potter St route (JBEI stop)
- University Ave at Oxford/ Blue, Orange routes
- Hearst Ave at Euclid/ Blue/ Blue, Orange, Potter St routes
- Ashby BART/ Potter St route
- Shattuck at Vine/ North Berkeley route
- Shattuck at Virginia/ North Berkeley route
- North Berkeley BART/ North Berkeley BART route
- Rockridge BART/ Rockridge BART route
- Telegraph Ave at Alcatraz/ Rockridge route
- Telegraph at Ashby/ Rockridge BART route (Telegraph/ Webster stop)
- Telegraph at Parker/ Rockridge BART route (Telegraph/ Carleton stop)
There will be additional, convenient bike share rental locations near the Lab’s new MacArthur BART station to the Lab route which will be coming soon. Bay Wheels is currently the only bike-share company permitted to operate in the Bay Area. You can learn more about the Lab shuttle routes.
References or links to non-University entities do not represent endorsement by the Regents of the University of California or the Department of Energy.