- Combined Routes
- Blue Route
- Orange Route
- Rockridge Route
- Potter St./JBEI Route
- N. Berkeley Route
- MacArthur Route
The Laboratory provides shuttle bus services, contracted through RydeTrans. Routes run throughout its 200-acre facility, downtown Berkeley, local off-site facilities, UC Campus, Downtown Berkeley BART, and Rockridge BART stations. Shuttles offer free wifi onboard. Riders are asked to adhere to riding instructions.
- Off-site shuttle stops are often shared with other transit agencies. Remember to wave at the bus driver as the bus approaches so that the driver knows you want to board the LBL bus.
- For safety reasons, shuttle bus drivers can only pick-up and drop-off passengers at designated LBL shuttle stops.
- Real-time Shuttle arrival/departure will not always match the times in the shuttle schedule. This is due to many environmental/human variables. Please use a plus/minus 5-minute rule of thumb to ensure that you are at the Shuttle stop in the event of an early departure or late arrival.
- Shuttle services are for Berkeley Lab employees and guests with business on the Lab site. All riders should have their credentials or ID’s out and ready to be shown when boarding buses off-site.
- Acceptable ID’s for shuttle access to the Lab include an official badge issued by LBL, DOE or UCOP. UC Berkeley student and/or UC Berkeley faculty ID badge when doing business at the Lab are accepted.
- Guests are required to present a visitor bus pass. See Site Access for more information
- Shuttle buses operate Monday through Friday, except on Lab holidays.
- Use the TripShot app to track real-time arrivals, and GPS shuttle stop locations.
- Shuttle buses are equipped with bike racks. Helmets are required while riding bicycles within the Lab premises.
- Contact Bus Services at email@example.com or 510-486-4165 to provide comments, compliments, feedback, or suggestions.
- For additional information on shuttles and alternate commute modes, please visit commute.lbl.gov.
Please review on-site construction impacts:
Please review shuttle stop changes for the following routes:
- Downtown Berkeley Bart – Blue, Orange, Potter
- Oxford at University – Blue, Orange
- Hearst at Arch – Blue, Orange
- Cafeteria – Blue
- OCFO – Potter
Badges or documentation of business purpose are: (1) checked upon shuttle entry, and (2) scanned at the Blackberry Gate.
Cleaning of interior touchpoints and previously occupied seats is performed multiple times daily.
Effective Monday, November 7, 2022
Face covers will no longer be required on Lab shuttles as long as there is no requirement to wear a face cover inside a Lab building. Per DOE requirements, the Lab requires face coverings when CDC Community Levels in Alameda County are high. Current masking requirements and other protective measures will be communicated at covid.lbl.gov and on the Symptom Check form.
Face covers will be available on the shuttle. You are encouraged to continue to wear them to protect yourself and your family especially as the rates of COVID-19 and influenza are unpredictable. Masks remain required inside B26 Health Services.