- Berkeley Lab encourages safe cycling and is working to continually foster a more bike-friendly campus for its staff. Cycling provides an alternative to automobile use for travel to, from, and around the laboratory site and promotes sustainability and wellness in the workplace.
- Designated carpool spaces are marked at numerous parking areas on the Hill. These spaces are reserved until 9:00am (Monday through Friday) for vehicles with two or more occupants. Two valid parking permits shall be displayed on the vehicle at all times. No special carpool permits are required.
- Dated stickers will be required on Lab parking hangtags beginning in January 2019. New stickers will be issued each calendar year (similar to the annual DMV sticker you put on your license plate). This parallels the new policy of adding expiration dates to newly issued badges. If you haven’t added the yearly sticker to the hangtag by January 14, Security will hand out warnings. The stickers will be required for entry beginning January 31. No annual sticker is needed for bicycle or motorcycle parking stickers at this time.
- Berkeley Lab encourages public transportation as a good commuting option for its staff. Our staff can reduce transport impacts and worksite parking demand and help employees reduce their commute costs.
- The Laboratory provides shuttle bus services, contracted through MV Transportation Services. Routes run throughout its 200-acre facility, downtown Berkeley, local off-site facilities, UC Campus, Downtown Berkeley BART, and Rockridge BART stations. Shuttles offer free wifi onboard. Riders are asked to adhere to riding instructions.
- Berkeley Lab supports and encourages telecommuting as a flexible work option because it provides a range of benefits to employees, such as a competitive recruitment advantage, work flexibility, parking congestion relief, and enhanced business continuity preparedness.