- Berkeley Lab encourages safe cycling and is working to continually foster a more bike-friendly campus for its staff. Cycling provides an alternative to automobile use for travel to, from, and around the laboratory site and promotes sustainability and wellness in the workplace.
- Designated carpool spaces are marked at numerous parking areas on the Hill. These spaces are reserved until 9:00am (Monday through Friday) for vehicles with two or more occupants. Two valid parking permits shall be displayed on the vehicle at all times. No special carpool permits are required.
- Berkeley Lab encourages public transportation as a good commuting option for its staff. Our staff can reduce transport impacts and worksite parking demand and help employees reduce their commute costs.
- The Laboratory provides shuttle bus services, contracted through MV Transportation Services. Routes run throughout its 200-acre facility, downtown Berkeley, local off-site facilities, UC Campus, Downtown Berkeley BART, and Rockridge BART stations. Shuttles offer free wifi onboard. Riders are asked to adhere to riding instructions.
- Berkeley Lab supports and encourages telecommuting as a flexible work option because it provides a range of benefits to employees, such as a competitive recruitment advantage, work flexibility, parking congestion relief, and enhanced business continuity preparedness.